- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- ½ vanilla bean pod
- 3 sprigs fresh mint (chiffonade)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- Wash berries and put in a medium size bowl. Set aside. Cut vanilla bean in half and scrape out seeds and put into bowl with fruit. To chiffonade the mint, stack leaves, rolling them tightly, then slice the leaves perpendicular to the roll. Add mint, lemon zest, and sugar to bowl. Stir until fruit is well coated with sugar. Let sit for approximately 15 minutes and serve. Can be served plain or over ice cream, Greek yogurt, etc.
Recipe courtesy of Carla Cohen.