- 4 pounds winter squash
- 4 quarts vegetable stock (or water)
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 cans cannellini beans
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 large bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice your squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and roast for about 40 minutes. Allow to cool once soft, then scrape out the flesh and save the liquid for later. Blend until totally smooth using a food processor or blender.
- Sauté onions in a large pot over medium heat until brown, then add garlic, thyme, cumin, and black pepper, stirring until the garlic turns brown.
- Add vegetable stock, bay leaf, wine, and squash. Simmer for a few minutes and then add remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 20 minutes total.
Recipe adapted from littlethings.com