Crust and Crumble
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups regular oats
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all crust and crumble ingredients in a large bowl, mixing until just combined. Set aside one cup for topping the bars.
- Add the remaining mixture to the pan, and press down gently to form an even crust.
- In a small bowl, mix the filling ingredients. Spread evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the bars and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the pan and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut and serve.
Recipe adapted from joyfulhealthyeats.com.