This hearty, vegan soup is full of middle eastern flavors, veggies, and protein-packed lentils. Try making it in a slow cooker for a convenient dinner!
- 2 1/2 cups red, green and yellow lentils, soaked for at least 3 hours, then rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 4 cups sodium-free vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 scoops Sunwarrior Natural Raw Vegan Protein Powder (optional)
- 6 ounces new potatoes, pureed (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except protein powder, coriander, and sesame seeds) into a slow cooker, cover and cook on medium-low heat for 8-10 hours, or on stove top for 45-60 minutes on low heat. Add remaining ingredients; then stir until all ingredients are well combined.