What is the one ingredient that has been missing from the classic green bean casserole recipe? An Instant Pot! Now you can make this holiday favorite in a flash, just in time for your guests to start arriving.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced 2 1/2 cups
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 package frozen French-cut green beans 14-16 ounce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions
- Using sauté mode, heat oil in Instant Pot. Add mushrooms, onion powder, and salt and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms have released their liquid, or about 6 minutes. Add sherry and cook, stirring, until mostly evaporated, or about 1 minute. Stir in green beans and broth. Turn off sauté mode, and close and lock the lid and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Carefully release the pressure manually.
- Whisk cream, flour, and thyme together in a small bowl. Stir into the green bean mixture and return the Instant Pot to sauté mode. Cook, stirring, until bubbling and thickened, or about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and top with french-fried onions.