When you are in need of a last-minute dish to bring to a get-together, this twist on a holiday classic is the perfect choice!
- 2 yams, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 small round goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- Coconut oil, for baking
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place yam rounds on a baking sheet and brush with coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft in the centers.
- While yams are baking, mix goat cheese and maple syrup together in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pecans, orange zest, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cranberries, and honey together until well combined. Set aside.
- Cool yams completely. To assemble, smear top of yam round with cheese mixture and top with pecan mixture. Sprinkle the tops with chopped rosemary.