- 5 cups warm, filtered water
- 2 tablespoons finely ground sea salt
Jar Filling Ingredients
- 6 cups fresh chili peppers, sliced in half
- 1 unpeeled carrot, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, cut in quarters
- 2 shallots, sliced
- Stir the salt into the warm water until dissolved; let cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Layer the chili peppers, carrot, garlic, and shallots into a two-quart jar.
- Pour the brine into the jar over the vegetables, pressing them down under the liquid.
- Ensure the vegetables are completely submerged in the brine.
- Cover lightly with a lid and place the jar in a pan or bowl to collect any liquid that may spill over. Store in a cool, dark place for 5-7 days, or until brine appears slightly cloudy.
- Strain the brine, setting it aside. Place the fermented vegetables into a blender, add one cup of the brine, and blend until smooth.
- Place mixture into a squeeze bottle and store in the fridge, without a cap.
Get Creative! Add vinegar and/or seasoning(s) to the finished product to adjust heat and flavor.