This healthy dish is bursting with flavor—perfect to wow your family or dinner guests.
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 2 ct limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ct bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooked white rice for serving
- Whisk together two tablespoons of the oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Add chicken, tossing until coated. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to two hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat remaining two tablespoons of oil on medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, then add to skillet, skin-side down, pouring remaining marinade over top. Sear until skin is golden and crispy, about six minutes. Flip and cook for two additional minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Serve over rice, drizzled with pan drippings.