- 1 heaping cup packed dates (pitted, Deglet Nour, or medjool)
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- ¼ cup maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey
- ¼ cup cup creamy, salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- *Optional: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.
- Process dates in food processor for about 1 minute until a dough-like consistency is formed. In a large mixing bowl, combine processed dates, oats, and almonds and set aside. Warm maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey with peanut or almond butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir into oat mixture, breaking up dates to disperse throughout. Mix in optional ingredients, if desired. Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to 8 x 8 in. baking dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Press down firmly until uniformly flattened. Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and place in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes. Remove bars from pan and store in airtight container for up to a few days.
- Optional: toast your oats—and almonds, if raw—at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.