- 1 tablespoon dairy-free butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Melt the dairy-free butter and olive oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Add crushed red pepper and garlic. Heat until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta!
Recipe courtesy of Renee Avelsgard.