- 2 yams cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 small round of goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rosemary chopped
- coconut oil for baking
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Place yam rounds on a baking sheet and brush with coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft in the centers.
- While yams are baking, mix goat cheese and maple syrup together in a bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix pecans, orange zest, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cranberries, and honey together until well combined and set aside.
- Cool yams completely. To assemble, smear top of round with cheese mixture and top with pecan mixture. Sprinkle the top with chopped rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of Carla Cohen